Monday, October 13, 2008

Good Morning.

Some people are early morning joggers. I think I shall become an early morning blogger. It is currently 5:18 AM. Ridiculous. I will say though that I am "getting used to" waking up so dang early.

The conference in Corpus was pretty great. I will admit that it was hard sitting in so many different lectures, but the resources were well worth it. I'm looking forward to applying all my new lesson plan ideas to the classroom.

I'm beginning to set aside a little bit of each paycheck so that I can go to Panama over Christmas break. Be praying that God works it out. If it is His will, I'll be there.

Small groups last night was pretty much thebomb.com. I am obsessed with this book Crazy Love and encourage everyone to go out and pick up a copy. Pretty convicting. Ever since my first summer working at Pine Cove I have been learning that this life is not about me, and this book is showing me that I never fully grasped that concept. This life really isn't about me, although I live as if it is. My only purpose (and incredible purpose at that) is to glorify my Maker. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Think about it though. My soul purpose, your purpose in life is to bring glory to God. Sounds simple huh? So how come we make it so complicated and screw it all up? I'm working on that answer.


Thought for the day:

"Whatever God's reasons for such diversity, creativity, and sophistication in the universe, on earth, and in our own bodies, the point of it all is His glory. God's art speaks of Himself, reflecting who He is and what He is like." -Crazy Love

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands. Day after day they pour forth speech night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world." Psalm 19:1-4



No comments: