Monday, October 6, 2008

i'm lame.

So I'm so very over due. The following is a post I started after I got back from Panama at the beginning of August... It's not a complete post, still had thoughts to be expressed/refined and details to be added, but it probably wont ever get finished... so here it is. A REAL post will be coming this week with updates of the here-and-now. No worries.

I'm not even really sure where to start. The last few weeks have been an emotional roller coaster. Camp in Panama was so much more than I could have imagined. God was totally in control of all that happened, and He deserves all the glory. I really feel like the Panamanians have finally grasped the vision of camping ministry, and that they will continue to move forward in their ministry. It was so hard saying goodbye to my friends there. Aylen and her family have been so wonderful to me the last 3 years. They have taken me in and truly made me apart of their family. I praise the Lord for that relationship, and I am excited to visit them some time in the future.

Saying goodbye to Robert, Nina, Nicole, and Johann was real hard too. I love that family. But they'll be in the states for a few months pretty soon, so I know I'll see them.

It was weird leaving Cresta del Mar. For the last three years I have been blessed to serve there, and as we drove away, I wasn't real sure how I felt. I'm still not. I just feel so emotionally worn out. I was pretty distracted on the trip too. That didn't really help. I realized that as soon as I stepped off the plane in Houston, everything would change. My mom picked me up there, then we drove all around Pasadena looking for an apartment to move into. I think we found one, we are gonna fill out all the paper work and meet with them tomorrow. I'll move here on Monday. Welcome to the real world.

My alternator in my car went out the day before I left. Hopefully it wont be too expensive to fix. I hate money. (ha ok so here is something funny. this post was written almost 2 months ago and just a couple of weeks ago my alternator went out... AGAIN!)

I know this post is mostly gibberish, but I can't really think straight right now.

No comments: