Saturday, July 19, 2008

i ramble when i'm tired

it's currently 2:00 am... I went to bed tonight at 10:30, but for some reason woke up and can't fall back a sleep. I know, lame. Who goes to bed at 10:30 on a Friday, but I have to wake up at 6 am for something at my church.

Anyway. The wait is over people. Today, I bought a pair of Chacos. Perhaps that is why I can't sleep. I have waited for so long for a pair of Chacos that I just can't sleep knowing they are in the same room as me and not on my feet.

I'm crazy. And its clearly not my best hour. I leave in a week and 2 days for Panama!! I'm so pumped. I have been countin' down the days since.... well. Since I got back from Panama last summer! I'll be there for 10 days, but I'm totally ok if my passport expires and I can't fly home. Too bad it doesn't expire for.... 7 more years.... awesome.

I hung out with my younger sisters tonight. We had fun. Shopped a little, documented my trip to buy Chacos with silly photos, ate at El Phoenix (our fav), then went home and laid in the hammock for a while. It was fun. I feel like I have missed out on so much this summer because I have been in class since June 1st. But I am officially done! No more classes for me! WAHOO!

Brace yourself... I'm pretty sure I have officially decided to put grad school off for at least the first semester. I think I just need to adjust to being a teacher. I don't need my masters, it was just a dream to have it, but you know what? I don't feel as ambitious as I once did. Funny how God changes our plans. Or, I guess we change our plans when we realize that they weren't the ones God desired for us. Yea, that answer is way better.

If you think about it, say a prayer for me on Monday. The past week to two weeks most schools have been on vacation, and principals come back this Monday. I'm really hoping I'll get (several) calls to come in next week for interviews. I mean, time is ticking. When I get back from Panama (08/08/08... weird...) it will be just days before teachers report back to school.

Anyway. My eye lids are heavy once again, so I shall return back to my nest. Oh, My best friend is now a resident of Australia. Sad for me, stinkin' awesome for her. Em if you are reading this, I miss you.

No comments: