Saturday, July 26, 2008

back to square one

it's funny, life that is. this past week was odd. i got a call on monday for an interview at a school in houston. awesome. so drove to austin wednesday, stayed the night at my dads apartment, woke up at 4 am and drove to houston for my interview at 8:30. the interview started out rough. the principal made kind of a big deal out of my age, but i think she eventually accepted the fact that i'm young. anyway, the interview went pretty good after that. great actually. she had one other person to interview after me, and she said unless they were just awesome, i've got the job. cool, right? well. she told me that regardless of whether she offered me the job, she'd still call me on friday to let me know one way or the other. friday was quite possibly the longest day of my life. the phone never left my hand. and it never rang with a 281 area code.

i'm kind of disappointed that i didn't get the job because i LOVED the school, but more than anything i'm frustrated she didn't call. i know she probably has an excellent reason for not calling, but one of my biggest pet peeves is when you say you'll do something and don't follow through. i know i need to let it go. i just made the mistake of getting my hopes up.

on a much more exciting note, i leave for panama in less than 48 hours. i'm so stoked. i can't wait to see my friends there, be at cresta del mar, and love on some kids. my spanish hasn't been used in sooo long. i'm pretty rusty. i'm sure it will come back just fine. if not, it's not like i knew spanish the first time i went there. or that anyone else on my team does. i'll fit right in.

i'm hopin for a nice tan while i'm there. i looked at some pictures from the first week of summer and realized that i have actually lost my tan this summer. that's never happened before. this is, after all, the first summer in years i haven't spent in a lifeguard stand. hooray for summer school.

anyway. i should pack.

No comments: