Tuesday, July 15, 2008

all other ground is sinking sand

wow. two posts in one week. get excited people.

i've been thinkin a lot about where i am at in life right now, and i've realized that i keep forgetting to seek God in my decisions. it's not like i just make decisions so fast that i don't "have time" to pray over it, because if you know me you know i am the worlds slowest decision maker. i think that i am just in the bad habit of asking everyone around me and basing my decisions on what they think is a good idea and how i feel about it. pretty dumb, huh? if Christ really is the solid rock that i stand on, how come i keep choosing to build my life on sinking sand?

what got me thinkin' about this was when i realized i never prayed over my decision to work at Paschal High School. ever since i got the offer, i haven't really felt 100% about it, but i didn't exactly get hired anywhere (yet), so it seems like it's my only option...right?

nope. i'm gonna keep up the job search. if no other doors open, i'll go to Paschal, but right now, i'm just going to keep PRAYING that the Lord leads me down His path and shows me where He desires for me to be. until then, i'm just gonna lean on Him. that's about all i can do.

“For it stands in Scripture: ‘Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a cornerstone chosen and precious, and whoever believes in Him will not be put to shame’” 1 Peter 2:6

No comments: