Wednesday, September 16, 2009

my heavy heart

This week my students have been delivering their first speech. I have been so impressed with the speeches! This is an introduction speech where they tell about a vivid memory- a time in their life that impacted them. They tell it in first person using descriptions and details, and there have been many tears shed from both me and my students. Loved ones lost, students battling cancer, involvement in drug raids in Puerto Rico, getting shot during a drive by shooting, calling the police when your mom is being beaten by your dad, giving birth at age 14... these are just some of the many stories I have heard this week. My students are desperately in need of a Savior. I pray that I can be a light and encouragement for them. Will you join me?

2 comments:

julie said...

I will. I am so glad you are there!

Unknown said...

I will too! I know you will share our savior love with them! love u!