Wednesday, June 3, 2009

it's the beauty of simplicity

I am 2.5 days away from finishing my first year of teaching. CRAZY! I have been so busy these last few weeks. Ok, I've been busy all year, but especially these last few weeks. God is good though. Here's some updates:

I am teaching one session of summer school. 8 days. It will be good. I'm looking forward to it.
My Shepherd group on Sundays has grown to 14 girls!
Tammi and I combined our small groups for the summer. We are doing "a summer of prayer" and I am SO excited!!!
Free Food Mondays is still doing well. We continue to have a a great turn out each week. God is blessing this ministry.
We got a cat..... (and I kinda like it... who knew!)
My girls back home all graduated! I've been their small group leader since they were in 7th grade! Now they are all going to college! I'm so proud of them!
Summer is almost here and I am ready for a tan!
I've decided to grow my hair back out. I've enjoyed my adult haircut, but I miss ponytails and simplicity.
I'm starting to enjoy running. I still hate it more than I love it, but my heart (or head?) is slowly changing...
I miss my family... a lot.


2.5 more days! Then maybe a reflection on my year... maybe. :)

1 comment:

Beate said...

Have a great summer miss Hannah!! :) Mine starts in three weeks....